On top of that I drew a large flower. My intention was to paint an interesting face inside but I messed up , so that's what I love the most about mixed media, you think you are going in one direction and suddenly you have taken a detour. With this particular direction change, I decided to cover over the bad painting and replace it with a deep purple acrylic mixed with a glue and water mix. Then I crinkled small pieces of pink tissue paper and began to glue in the circle. As I did, some of the wet purple paint covered the crinkles of tissue paper and some did not, leaving an interesting texture and shading, as well as the sparkles coming through.
To finish this piece, I will add some type of texture to the outer part of the flower, the stem and leaves, but have not decided what yet. At least that's the plan now, but who knows what will develop. Ah the mystery!
I just wanted to share the texture created by the tissue in the center-- it has many possibilities- maybe you can put this idea to good use. When the piece is done, I'll post what it looks like.